Content marketing is critical to the success of Ag businesses everywhere. It builds trust among prospects and leads to increased sales conversions. Further, since content marketing is the new normal, if you aren’t using it, your target audience of farmers and ranchers will wonder why.
It is easy to see why content marketing is so important when you consider these facts. To make sure your content marketing is doing all that it should for your brand, it is important that you don’t make any common mistakes. These include:
- Writing content that doesn’t resonate with your target audience. If you don’t know what your ideal customers are looking for, it’s almost impossible to write the type of content that connects with them. Instead of playing what is certain to be a losing guessing game, try to discover what their pain points are and how you can help them to overcome them.
- Failing to strike a balance between creative content and SEO. You can write the most compelling content in the world but it will only make an impact if your target audience can find it. Think of SEO as a trail of breadcrumbs that lead customers to you.
- Not making time for content creation. Content creation, unfortunately, is one of the easiest things to push further down your to-do list. Don’t fall into this trap. Remember, without a solid inbound marketing strategy, you’ll soon find yourself with all the time in the world. If you need help, consider bringing in a marketing firm such as US Farm Data to write your Ag content for you.
- Ignoring its ROI. If you aren’t measuring the results of your content marketing strategy, you’ll never know if it is working. Just creating content isn’t enough. It is important to track what type of content yields the results you are looking for.
- Choosing the wrong platform to promote your content. There are a number of platforms where you can promote your content. However, the best strategy is to figure out the two or three places where your content gets the most traction and stick to those.
- A lack consistency. If your brand voice is all over the place, it is going to be hard to maintain a following. Be genuine and consistent and you are likely to find a loyal Ag audience.
Research shows that while content marketing is more than 60% cheaper than traditional forms of advertising, it generates significantly more leads and sales conversions. With statistics like that it is easy to see why protecting it is so important.