Many businesses see email as a way to connect with prospects and gain new customers. In other words, increase sales. This is true for those in the Ag industry, as well.
Unfortunately, that is as far as many businesses will take their email marketing efforts. While no one would argue that email marketing should not be used to generate leads and drive sales, many businesses fail to understand what an important role email marketing can take in increasing brand loyalty.
Farmers are extremely loyal. Once they find a business they know and trust, it takes a lot for them to leave that business. However, that doesn’t mean you should not always continue to work to earn the continued loyalty of the farmers who make up your customer base.
So what are some ways that you can use email marketing to make sure your customers aren’t lured away by a competitor? What follows are five relatively simple ways to do this:
- Create outstanding content. There is no end to the struggle farmers face when it comes to maintaining a profitable operation. By delivering content that helps them tackle these issues, they will come to understand that you care about them at all times—not just when you are trying to sell them something.
- Offer discounts. The key here is to offer promotions or coupons on things they already buy from you. This way you are thanking them for the business they have already given you.
- Provide the inside scoop. If you have a big sale coming up, consider inviting email subscribers to shop a day early or receive an extra percentage off sale prices.
- Give stuff away. No one can resist free stuff. Offering a free gift for initial email subscribers may result in some people unsubscribing after they have received their gift, but this will not happen in all cases. Those who do stick around should be rewarded periodically with other freebies and incentives.
- Provide some Q & A. When you allow email subscribers to ask you questions via email and provide the answers they are looking for, you will earn their respect and appreciation. You also will be able to use these exchanges to produce relevant content for future blogs.
Email marketing provides Ag businesses a terrific way to build brand loyalty. Combined with its many other benefits, it is easy to see why it must be an important element of your overall marketing strategy.