By now, we all know that farmers are on social media. In fact, today’s farmers are as tech savvy as any other demographic. That’s why if you are looking to connect with farmers for the purpose of generating leads, social media is a great way to do just that.
Nine out of 10 people, including farmers, say that they are more likely to engage in a conversation on social media than they are to respond to a cold call. That means if you are not using social media to connect with farmers, you are likely missing out on some lucrative leads.
Most business owners will tell you that despite the importance of social media for lead generation purposes, they still don’t feel confident in their ability to reach out to prospects through social media. Have no fear. What follows are six effective methods for generating leads via social media.
- Giveaways. Samples of your product, coupons or anything else farmers would want is a great way to generate leads. Include an entry form and you’ll capture important lead data.
- Polls. Asking farmers for their feedback on anything related to farming or agriculture can reap invaluable information. Not only can this help to generate leads, it is a great opportunity to gain feedback on your products.
- Referrals. Create a compelling reason for a farmer to invite a friend or business associate to follow you and chances are great that farmer will do it. What’s a compelling reason you may ask? Anything from a free product sample to an exclusive discount code.
- Flash deals. Call-to-actions that include a time-sensitive offer are a great way to get your followers to make a purchase NOW.
- Gated content. Just like it sounds, gated content is content that farmers believe is valuable enough for them to provide their contact information in return for access. It is important that this information is truly valuable because if it’s not, you can bet you are not going to be seen as someone a farmer will want to do business with in the future.
- Webinars. Speaking of gated content, webinars are one of the most popular forms of gated content. One important thing to remember is that the more specific your webinar topic, the fewer leads it will generate. The upside is that those leads will be highly targeted.
Of course, there are countless other methods to use social media to generate leads. The important thing is that you take full advantage of social media to reach your target market of farmers and grow your ag-based business.