When it comes to lead generation, the more data-driven, the better. This is true across all industries, including Ag.
Reliable data has never been more available, or accessible. However, unless you are able to harness your data to increase sales, it’s hardly worth having at all.
So how can you use data to implement a data-driven lead generation strategy? Here are some of the most effective tactics.
- Clean up your database. An accurate, continually updated database is the surest way to identify your highest quality prospects and customers. Unorganized and out-of-date customer information is the same as no information at all.
- Collect valid data. Tracking users to your website, gathering feedback and monitoring trends are all important ways to make sure that you have the most reliable data possible.
- Research and evaluate customer behavior. Customer data helps you to identify a particular buyer’s persona which includes things like interests, need and preferences. This will allow you to better match products with qualified leads.
- Employ predictive analytics. By employing historical information on customers and prospects, companies can use predictive analytics powered by artificial intelligence-based algorithms. This allows you to identify the factors that lead to conversion. When internal and external factors are added to the mix you will be able to predict the best way and time to approach leads.
- Segment prospects. Knowing your prospects will allow you to segment like-minded audiences. In other words, approach the right people at the right time with the right message.
- Score leads. When your leads are scored you know how to nurture those leads. This prevents you from using the same message for leads that are at different stages of the sales funnel.
- Improve engagement. Knowing what a lead needs allows you to answer their questions quickly and completely. You also can customize your content to touch on pain points, allowing you to keep customers and prospects engaged. It also can assist in speeding up the sales process.
Data-driven lead generation takes time and effort. It is well worth it, however. Data is the key to understanding who your ideal customers are, generating insights into buyer personas and filling your database with high-quality leads. To put it simply, without data, lead generation efforts are going to be a lot less successful.